Saturday, November 2, 2013

"His turn of phrase clearly had her entranced."

I have thrown my hat into the ring.  I am now a Nano (or NaNoWriMo) participant.  Hear me roar.  There are plenty of reasons for both doing, and not doing, Nano, but for me the positives outweighed the negatives.  All that's left is to write 50k words of a novel draft before 11/30/13.  I've got just over 2k right now.  If past performance is any indication of future results, I should be okay.  I'm averaging about 2k a day during the week if I count the blog and the writing projects.  Some days I get far more than that - a few of the recent shorts were over 1900 words and they were all written during a single sitting on the train.

Word count does not a novel make, but neither does a final draft appear magically from space.

I will post more on this epic undertaking as I go.  If it is interesting.  Meanwhile, I will continue to consume vast quantities of "extra work" sized Snickers bars left over from Halloween.  (Okay, the label says "fun size" but what's fun about a candy bar that's a quarter the size of normal one?  You have to do 4 times the work for the same amount of satisfaction.  I bet it was named by the same people who came up with the idea of self-checkout at the grocery store.)

No comments:

Post a Comment