Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Blogs, blogs everywhere but not a word to read.

It’s June of 2014.  “Yes, thank you for telling us, Jon.  But we knew that already.”  Of course you did.  But did you know that Rejected and Alone is a year old?  I started at the end of May, 2013.  Now we are hundreds of posts and thousands of page hits later.


I’m declaring the blog a success.  Not commercially – you’ll notice that there are no advertisements – but as a writer.  I started R&A with two goals and they’ve been achieved.  The first was to get into the habit of writing everyday with the blog deadline (and my reputation) as the prod.  The second was to get better.

The original goal was to write for a year.  I wanted the “been there and got the t-shirt” of daily blogging for a year.  I don’t want to just stop now.  But I do want to make some changes.  The blog is 350-500 words a day that aren’t going into a script or novel.  That’s a lot of words.  And time.

The changes will be in the schedule, frequency, and topics of the posts.  Turns out I wasn’t being clever when I started writing for inspiration on Monday or a short story on Friday.    With bits and pieces heading out the window, let me know what you’d like me to keep.  Or switch to.

And then there’s the move to Wordpress.  Maybe.  Baby steps, Jon.  Baby steps.



Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog using the form at the bottom of this page.  It’s fast, free, and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment