Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"This is my corn. You people are guests in my corn."

It's been a week [blogging] and I'm not going away.  Let's hear it for discipline.  Now it's time for some order.  This will get old fast if I'm all over the place.  After all, the last thing the intewebz needs is another egomaniac spewing nonsense.  (I have a fear that some intelligent life form is going to intercept just a smidgeon of our internet traffic and will judge our entire civilization by Facebook.)  (And that their assessment will be correct.)  (This is a fun parenthetical construction.  I've never used it before.)  (Except in math.)

This week I will describe the form that my blog is going to take so you will have some idea of what to expect.  Think of it as "Wednesday is Prince spaghetti night."  For example, I won't post on Sunday, that's my day off.  The Blogger site will allow me to author in advance and save posts BUT the point of this is that I'm writing organized (hopefully), entertaining (hopefully), content to deadline (absolutely) every day.

This blog is also interactive in the sense that you are welcome to post comments, ask questions, and send me email.  I think I fixed the setting that required you to provide DNA to do any of that.  Gatttaca was a great movie, but I don't think you should need to go through all of that just to say you want more about the kids and less about my hangnails.

Speaking of the kids, we had a great three day weekend.  Didn't travel, didn't play baseball, didn't even take the boat out (much, much too cold) but had a campfire, grilled meat, ate roasted potatoes, and watched Magnum P.I. on Netflix.  Gotta love Netflix.  If you don't, you should reconsider.

I'm still working on my action-comedy logline.  I know I said it yesterday but I really can't believe how hard it is to write a good one.

4 comments:

  1. Do writers always have to write about not being able to write? I guess it is their right.

    Just kidding -- keep writing -- we will all be able to say -- "I knew him when..."

    If all else fails you can check out John Grisham's formula for success at the link below.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I forget to paste the link or did blogspot.com nix it?

    I will try again --

    http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/there-are-no-rules/the-10-commandments-of-how-to-write-a-thriller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you already got some die hard followers/fans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the feedback. The links are great, keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete