Saturday, November 23, 2013

Lights, Camera, AKTion!


I'm writing a bit on the late side today not because I was allowed to sleep in -- I wasn't (Pony detail) --but because my wife and I were members of a team competing in the "First Annual Kettlebells for Food" tournament.  We did well.  She rocked.  Big time.


The kettlebell meet was run in a series of heats called "flights" and two teams faced off.  Totals were tracked for each individual as well as the overall team score.  There were four exercises available, each with a different point value, and you were allowed to transition between them at will.  One of the competitors on the winning team actually only did three of the exercises, skipping the heavy weight (despite each rep being worth 3 pts.) and focussing instead on high rep rotations of the others.

It was very interesting and I learned quite a bit about the world of compettivie kettlebelling.  I also got to watch normal people and not-so normal people (as in super fit scary people) face the same challenges and how they handled it.  Great as a character study.  Also great as a work out.  My arms are so tired I can barely type.


1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to imagine what that looked like ... did anyone take pictures?

    ReplyDelete