Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"I had my heart set on becoming an English teacher,..."

Oh, the importance of routine.  I was ahead of schedule today.  By quite a lot.  Then I broke the routine and left the house a bit later than usual.  Hit a different traffic pattern.  Missed my train.  Which is to say that I beat the train to the station but had to park too far away to get across the tracks before it arrived.

I am not one to race with trains, climb under or around them when not engaged in my official duties, or stress about missing one when there's another about half-an-hour after.  (That's an interesting construction -- is it legal?)


One of the routines I am currently engaged in is checking the blog "Daily Writing Tips" (http://www.dailywritingtips.com/) during lunch break while I eat my peanut butter and love sandwich.  It's a great source of information about how to use the English language correctly.  I find it to be to the point, filled with all of the examples I ever need in a format that's easy to skip over if I don't need them.  The topics are varied but applicable.  I've actually learned somethings.

And forgotten them.  Which is why I check every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment