Monday, February 17, 2014

"Win, lose. Doesn't matter, Daniel-san."

I have rearranged my workspace at home.  I now work from a fold-top desk without clutter.  I think it’s going to work out.  The monitors are bit higher than what I’m used to generally but not too high and my chair does tilt. Sort of.  Maybe I should get a different chair?  Another trip to Ikea, anyone?

But today isn’t about furniture or sunshine.  It’s about finding the inspiration to keep going.  As I mentioned – bragged about? – I made the first cut for the Bluecat screenplay competition.  The 2nd round cuts were supposed to be this weekend, a mere two weeks and, with my schedule, a short time full of distraction that would allow me to pretty much ignore the whole thing.

For some reason they had to postpone until tomorrow.  2/18.  It was only 2 days but suddenly it was at the forefront of my mind.  I was all like, “Hey, I can’t wait.  Did I make it or not?”


Then I sat down to work on “Falling Star” (current script project, if I haven’t mentioned it by name yet).  I love the story.  No really, I’m swept away.  It gives me chills just thinking about it.  That’s not arrogance, that’s me getting to be the first person to read it.  It is probably my best long form idea to date.  And I as hammered and chipped at it, I forgot about Bluecat.


It doesn’t matter if I make the cut or not on Tuesday.  Wednesday I’m going to be on the train writing.  I’ll see you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment