Monday, March 31, 2014

Today is the day I will break in.

This is my kind of Monday.  March hasn't been especially wonderful for us, but today?  Today makes up for a lot.


I did a lot of reading over the weekend.  One of the books I picked up was my 2014 Writer’s Market.  I happened to look over the cover more closely than before (everything other than the title is just marketing, after all) and noticed a familiar name.  It wasn't mine, but it was someone that I interact with on a regular basis.  At the Blackboard.  You know, the online screenwriting community that I talk about.

When I started this blog I was alone as a writer.  Almost immediately I met a few people in my social circles who also wrote – but I had no idea before because we all kept it secret.  When I started this blog I thought I would always be alone as a writer, even when my writing was no longer rejected.  But that isn't true.  The internet has changed writing from what it was in 1990 and we don't have to be hermits or communists.

I’m not alone.  You’re not alone.  Even better than that, our community is populated by professionals that are not only willing to help, but admit to their own doubts and excitements.


I’m sending story to Glimmer Train today.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment