Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Blazing Footstools

I missed the #5 minute fiction this week.  I was just about done, writing the last line and judging whether or not there was enough time for a quick read through when ZZZap.  Out went the power.  I was not using a laptop.

I also did not have a flashlight handy.  Or my cell phone.  It was cave dark.

By the time the power came back it was much too late to attempt recovery.  Fortunately the house didn’t blow away.  And the power did come back.  I consoled myself by watching Chuck.

October 8, 1871 – Chicago, IL
It has been a wonderful stay in the windy city.  The last four days have been quite full.  Who would have thought there would be so much going on this far west?  I’m expecting the O’Leary’s back on the eight o’clock train in the morning and will then be on my way to Manitoba to inspect a ranching operation for Mr. Cogsworth.


That leaves just tonight for one last bit of frolicking in the big city.  I plan to start with “The Five Tubs” and then have dinner at the Windsor Ascot, their steak is amazing.  That reminds me, I think I left the lantern in the barn when I finished milking Bessie.  I’d better get that before

No comments:

Post a Comment