Monday, April 21, 2014

A watched bulb never bloom

The kids are on spring break.  I hope they have a good time.  I’m not on break, a fact which still confuses the youngest of them, but there are some perks.  I pass a big high school on the way to the train station.  Today I made the station 10 minutes earlier than usual.  We have a 30 gallon hot water heaters.  Today my shower was hot.

It may be Monday, but so far it’s a pretty good day.

When I pulled back into town Saturday evening I noticed that the leaves were out.  They had still been working on that when I left the weekend before.  It got me thinking about writing.  Sure, everything gets me thinking about writing, but this was about the process of writing, not a specific story.


You sit there, struggling to bring your tale into focus, or bloom, and nothing happens.  You’ve got the basic framework (branches) and some ideas (buds) but you can’t get it together.  So you go away for a week and when you come back – boom!  (Or should I say, “Bloom?”)


No comments:

Post a Comment