Monday, April 14, 2014

Ducks, balloons, getting up early, and the blank page.

I woke up early this morning.  Thought I’d get up.  Then I thought better of it.  Why get up if you don’t have to?

I’ll tell you why.  Because when you wake up early you are awake and getting back to sleep isn’t worth the trouble.  I had an idea for a story.  It started running all over the place.  I worked out the introduction.  Considered a few plot points.  Decided it would probably run about 2500 words.

Then I tried to go back to sleep but couldn’t.  I was thinking about the changes I want to make to “Gray Ghosts” from months ago.  Clearly I wasn’t supposed to be sleeping.  So I got up and made some notes and got ready.  It’s going to be a full day.


But it will be a full day with writing in it and I’ve already got the jump on the blank page.


No comments:

Post a Comment