Thursday, April 10, 2014

"They weren't expecting me."

This week has been a bit off for my blogging.  Today appears to be no exception – I’m late getting to press.  It’s been a full morning.

Thank you to everyone who voted for me this week.  I lost in the last fifteen minutes but it was encouraging to have so much support.

We tried a new show on Netflix this week – Continuum.  Its logline made me cringe, a time traveling cop from the future hunting terrorists from the future in our present.  They pull it off.  Surprisingly.  Time travel can be very good when it’s done right but my goodness it so hardly ever is!

There’s a bit of language and the fighting is brutal.  It’s a Canadian show and is either cable or they have different rules.  Either way, it watches a lot like a movie.  Lots of action and great use of technology.


The writing is very good.  The characters are well drawn, unique, and memorable.  The two worlds have been created efficiently.  You know just what you need to know for it all to make sense.  It doesn’t beat you over the head with anything and the setting is NOT a character.  This is a show about people.


No comments:

Post a Comment